Virtual Class Starts October, 2022
We have a new 12-month block-of-the-month (BOM) quilt program. This class is virtual and starts in October, 2022. We are taking reservations now.
Led by Kelley Richardson
ABQ Sewing Studio’s own Kelley Richardson will be hosting the BOM program with a private Facebook group and how-to videos to help you through your project one month at a time.
About the Getting to Know Hue Quilt
This fabulous queen-sized quilt will be taught over 12 months.
The Getting to Know Hue kit has been created with a full spectrum of Patrick Lose Fabrics – his playful Blenders collection. Lights, mediums and darks are featured in each and every block. It’s a fun colour learning opportunity!
The quilt is the creation of renowned pattern and fabric designer Nancy Rink. The fabrics in the blocks are identical in all three quilts but you have a choice of three backgrounds. You’ll notice that even the backgrounds feature light, medium and dark values (white, grey and charcoal).
Other quilt details
The quilt measures 96″ x 102″. You can make the quilt with or without appliqué and there are three options for the look of the centre star.
There’s one that will be perfect for your level of quilting. And, you’ll be able to give your quilt its own distinctive look! A ribbon border features the entire colour collection for a simply delightful look drawing the eye around the central star. And you’ll get to know all about using colour, making your quilt pop!
How it works
The fabric kit: $480 CAD. The fabric kit will be shipped at the beginning of the class along with your pattern and includes all the fabric for the quilt top, including binding.
The monthly cost is $20 and includes the following:
- Your teacher, Kelley Richardson, will be opening a private Facebook group called the Getting to Know Hue where you can show off your quilt, ask questions and make comments.
- Every month she will release video instructions to go along with the written instructions.
- She’ll also host Zoom get-togethers on a regular basis for your questions and comments. It’s also a great way to get to know your fellow Getting to Know Hue quilters in a real-time setting
Kelley will contact you before the class starts to make sure you are able to get on the facebook site.
How to sign up
Don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions. Call 519-205-0523 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join in one of two ways:
- Call 519-205-0523 or email email@example.com
- Purchase online, where you will pay for the fabric kit and the first month’s fee. We will contact you to set up automatic payment for the 11 remaining months.