There’s a new 12-month block-of-the-month (BOM) quilt here at the ABQ Sewing Studio. This class is virtual and starts in September, 2021. We are taking reservations now.
Led by Kelley Richardson
Our own Kelley Richardson will be hosting the BOM program with a private Facebook group and how-to videos to help you through your project one month at a time. It’s easy when you work with Kelley and the community of friendly quilters making this quilt.
About the Courtyard Quilt
This fabulous queen-sized quilt will be taught over 12 months. Courtyard has been created with Kaye England’s new Indigo Garden collection in graceful grays and beautiful blues – an updated color story for traditional floral fabric designs while at the same time harkening back to French Provincial décor.
The quilt measures 87″ square with a medallion-like, on-point center that is made up of 5 on-point blocks.
A series of plain and pieced borders includes two with the small repeating stripe and one with the large repeating stripe, pieced to make the stripe seem to extend in all directions from the quilt center!
The last pieced border, mostly made with simple checkerboard squares, is colored to create a fascinating ombréd effect. Your eye is drawn around and around by the diagonal lines of the design and the waves of color, yet it’s uniquely calm and beautiful – just the right feeling for a bedroom.
Courtyard BOM Details
- The cost of the fabrics, which will be shipped at the beginning of the class, is $360.00 Cdn.
- The monthly cost is $20.
- Each month your new instructions will be mailed to you.
- Your teacher, Kelley Richardson, will be opening a private Facebook group called the Courtyard Quilters where you can show off your quilt, ask questions and make comments.
- Every month she will release video instructions on the Courtyard Quilters site to go along with the written instructions.
- She’ll also host Zoom get-togethers on a regular basis for your questions, comments and it’s a great place to get to know your fellow Courtyard Quilters in a real-time setting
How to sign up
Don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions. Reserve your spot by calling or emailing, or purchase online now.
- Call 519-914-0523
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Purchase online. Please note that you will be charged for the first month in addition to the signup fee, which includes all the fabric you need for the quilt.