- This event has passed.
T-Shirt Memory Quilt
November 3 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm$90.00
Thurs. Nov. 3, Dec. 1, 10am – 4pm
If you have plenty of significant T-shirts stored away, this class will help you bring them together in a quilt you’ll be proud to snuggle under. Team sport, school, work and travel T-shirts make terrific memory quilts. Bring your laundered T-Shirts and sweat-shirts (at least 12 but more are better) to make a one of a kind quilt. The quilt will be laid out in simple rows and columns with sashing as required. Expect homework.
- All purpose sewing thread to match your fabric
- sewing machine in good working order
- rotary cutting tools including your largest rulers
- sewing kit*
- Good quality pins (longer ones with glass heads are the easiest to handle) in a container that allows for easy access or in a pincushion
- Sharp cutting shears
- Small scissors or snips for thread
- Measuring tape
- Sewing gauge or small ruler
- Hand-sewing needles
- Marking pencils or chalk that will work with the fabric you are using for your class project
- Seam ripper
Location: ABQ Sewing Studio, 15 Centre St. W., Strathroy, Ontario
Please refrain from wearing perfumed products.