- This event has passed.
Hand Quilting Class
February 6 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Join Brenda for some slow stitching.
Your are going to love how relaxing this is once you get the hang of it! You’ll learn how to use the pivotal stacking technique to create even hand stitches to make beautiful quilted pieces.
We’ll be marking our practice piece, layering, hooping and then leisurely quilting our individual pieces in a group setting.
Thursdays from 2 -4, January 23, 30 and Feb 6th
Class cost $50, supplies not included but are available at the Studio. Please call ahead at 519-914-0523 to make sure we have what you need!
- two 30″ square pieces of plain colored 100% cotton, we suggest using our shot cottons
- one 30″ square of low loft polyester or 80% cotton 20% poly batting
- a spool of quilting thread
- Q-Snap hoop (we carry 11″ x 11″) or a hoop that will work with quilted layers
- Quilting needles (size 9 or 10 “Between” needles) and a thimble to fit
- Removable marking tool
- 60 or more Safety pins
- Masking tape
- optional: Quick Clip tool