- This event has passed.
Class, Variations to Change Up Your Basic T-Shirt with Irene Mischkinis
November 11 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm$80.00
Fri. Nov. 11, 10am – 4pm
Location: ABQ Sewing Studio, 15 Centre St. W., Strathroy, Ontario
Registration: Follow the link (under Details below) to purchase this class online OR download the registration form to purchase via phone or in person.
Supplies available at the ABQ Sewing Studio
You’ve perfected your t-shirt fit and now you want to really make it your own – perhaps by turning it into a dress or tunic, or by adding an interesting neckline finish. In this class, you’re the designer.
For the class you will need:
- Pamela’s Patterns Perfect T-shirt
- A roll of thin vellum paper to draft your pattern changes
- Fabric as per pattern or more, depending on what you plan to make*
- Thread to match your fabric
- Stretch needle 75/11 for your sewing machine
- Stretch twin needle for your sewing machine to do hems – if you’re not sure which width to buy, wait until class and we’ll select the appropriate width for your fabric
- Sewing kit**
- Sewing machine in good working order
*Fabric should be pretreated (washed and dried in the manner that you will be treating the finished garment)
N.B. Please wear a camisole or some other close-fitting garment to class – fitting a t-shirt over bulky clothing just doesn’t work.
N.B. The t-shirt pattern can be stitched up entirely on the sewing machine. We ask that you bring your sewing machine, as well as your serger (if you have one).
- Good quality pins (longer ones with glass heads are the easiest to handle) in a container that allows for easy access or in a pincushion
- Sharp cutting shears
- Small scissors or snips for thread
- Measuring tape
- Sewing gauge or small ruler
- Hand-sewing needles
- Marking pencils or chalk that will work with the fabric you are using for your class project
- Seam ripper