Quilting with Rulers with Kelley Richardson
October 1 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm$50.00
Sat. Oct. 1, 10am – 1pm
Location: ABQ Sewing Studio, 15 Centre St. West, Strathroy, Ontario
Registration: Follow the link (under Details below) to purchase this class online OR download the registration form to purchase via phone or in person.
Free motion quilting with rulers is something long-arm quilters have been doing for years and now you can use the same techniques and get the same beautiful consistent results on your domestic sewing machine! If free motion quilting makes you nervous or you want to expand your current skills then this class if for you.
Please bring the following supplies with you to class
- Sampler Ruler Set by Westalee (we have some in-stock)
- Ruler Foot specific to your machine
- Practice fabric 2 x 20” squares + batting
- fabric of your choice (solid or tone on tone) cut into 2 x 20 inch squares + batting
- 1/4m fabric for binding
- Batting for above (approx. 1m x 1m cotton batting)
- Sewing machine in good working order
- Thread to match fabric or contrast to fabric for quilting
- Standard sewing kit including thread, seam ripper, pins etc
- Extension table for your machine
- Sew Slip or Supreme Glider sheet
Before class please have your practice quilt sandwich and your sampler sandwich basted…if you do not get this done then also bring a can of 505 basting spray to class.
Please refrain from wearing perfume to class due to allergies