- This event has passed.
Class, P.J. Pants with Irene Mischkinis
August 12 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm$50.00
Friday morning, August 12, 10am – 1pm
Location: ABQ Sewing Studio, 15 Centre St. W., Strathroy, Ontario
Registration: Follow the link (under Details below) to purchase this class online OR download the registration form to purchase via phone or in person.
Supplies (except pattern) available at the ABQ Sewing Studio
Learn all about reading patterns, then cut and sew your way to a comfy pair of pyjama pants that you won’t be able to lounge without.
For the class you will need:
- Pattern – Burda 2691 (adults) or Burda 9747 (children)
- Fabric as per pattern – please purchase cotton or cotton flannel, which generally comes 45 inches (115cm) wide. You will need 2 lengths, plus a little extra. On average for a Misses pattern, this is about 2.5 metres for long pants, allowing for shrinkage during pre-treating. Fabric should be pretreated, i.e. washed, dried and ironed before class.
- All-purpose sewing thread to match your fabric
- Sewing machine in good working order
- Sewing kit**
- Good quality pins (longer ones with glass heads are the easiest to handle) in a container that allows for easy access or in a pincushion
- Sharp cutting shears
- Small scissors or snips for thread
- Measuring tape
- Sewing gauge or small ruler
- Hand-sewing needles
- Marking pencils or chalk that will work with the fabric you are using for your class project
- Seam ripper